Pages

*** RESOURCES -- New Information is added often ***

Monday, November 9, 2009

Week at a Glance


as there is an important event on the HOME page regarding getting FREE breast exams, PAP smears or mammograms on December 12th at the WildRose.  Take care of those girls...


Urgh...note to self, once I "publish post" if I make a change to the post it resends it to all my RSS subscribers.  I did this yesterday and found myself comparing my own post...what a freak and perfectionist I am.  

Dang...and I called Lisa a Kock instead of Koch in the post heading (pronounced cock, I am sure)...there is no spell check for that (or for hitting the send too soon as I wish other people had figured out by now).  Where is my lil person on my shoulder to keep me from doing that?  I need a HouseDyke just for this!  When I do my contest for what a HouseDyke does, this will definitely be on my list under the subheading "impulse control". 


I want to Highlight a number of events that are posted on the Seattle Announcements Calendar.  Please check it for additional details and for all the other great options for the week.


Monday join in on the fun at Cineoke!
Monday, November 9
A monthly sing along event presented by Three Dollar Bill Cinema. Sing along to your favorite numbers from American musicals, cult classics and foreign hits.
Cineoke happens the 2nd Monday of every month.
Monday, November 9
7pm (door 6:30pm)
Jewelbox Theater, at the Rendezvous
2322 Second Ave
$5 cover
~~~~~
Wednesday
Women of the World Poetry Slam (WOWPS) Preliminary # 2 is part of the
Seattle Poetry Slam
Every Wed night at Spitfire
2219 4th Ave
Downtown Seattle, between Bell & Blanchard
Sign ups 8:00-8:30pm
$5 cover, 21 & up, ID required
www.SeattlePoetrySlam.org


This weeks featured artist is:
Tristan Silverman occupies the space where gender, sexuality, Judaism, and art converge. Trained as a documentary filmmaker, screenwriter, and novelist, Tristan's poetry addresses the humanness of flaw, the fluidity of identity, and the reality of coming of age queer and American. Tristan exploded onto the Chicago spoken word scene in 2006, quickly establishing herself as a force to be reckoned with in the poetry slam community and as an important voice for individuals who find themselves outside of the mainstream. She represented Chicago at two National Poetry Slam competitions, placing 5th in the nation with her team in 2008. An organizer and teaching artist as well as an award-winning poet, Silverman tours and conducts workshops across the country through organizations and events including the Estrogen Festival (Michigan and Chicago), Lesbians Against Cancer Association, BENT, Young Chicago Authors, Louder than a Bomb youth poetry festival, Sparkle (Washington D.C.), GenderFusions, and Mothertongue, as well as colleges and universities nationwide.
Thanks to Seattle Poetry Slam for the updates.
~~~~~
Bent has performances on Friday and Saturday.  Janet Qualman will be in Saturday's show and use her name when you order tickets for either show as the performance teams are competing for an extra performance night.
Starting Friday Leather Reign begins which will run through the weekend and looks like they have a great schedule. 
Speaking of games...

The L Games is at the Garage and this looks like a hoot.  I would love to get a group together to go the next time they do one of these events.  If you can make it this time, check it out and let me know the fun you had.  I may pop in...you never know. 

Board games night for Lesbians
  • Doors open at 8pm
  • Cover: $8.80 online, $12 at the door
  • Tickets @ theldate.net
  • The L Word board game, Gayopoly, Homogenius
  • Lesbian musical chairs!
That is enough for now and enjoy your week.


Ms T

0 comments:

Label Cloud