Pages

*** RESOURCES -- New Information is added often ***

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween Night-full of prizes!

What a fabulous Halloween night was had by all at the Bump! The boys DO know how to dress, geesh! I do wish that my phone had been able to take pictures of some of the creative costumes but bar lighting did not do any justice to the costumes, drat! There was an incredible "Bleach Bottle Blond" made out of empty bottles of various shapes positioned perfectly on a huge white hoop skirt with a lovely umbrella with dangling prescription bottles around the rim, the 3 S & M's that looked good enough to eat and certainly were working up a sweat spanking and whipping each other into a cartoon frenzy and the 1st prize winner was from a TV show that I have never watched and did not recognize-opps (The Family Guy??).

As I was getting ready with my friends I noticed on their small entry table a small white board they had written on "Please God help us find time and money for a vacation". I thought that it was fitting with Brenda's positive way of thinking and off we went. I followed them to the Hill and then we went in my car. I have parking luck (always) and parked directly across the street from the Showbox on 1st Avenue.

We enjoyed the costumes and dancing and before we knew it was time for the 1st place grand prize drawing;an all expense paid trip to the Hawaiian Island of one's choice for 7 days, top notch accommodations and airfare totalling $5000. As the drawing took place it was almost surreal as I watched my dear friends WIN THE GRAND PRIZE. Brenda and Shorty made this trip happen as sure as I am writing this blog...

It definitely made me think of the things we make true in our own lives, positive and negative. We finished the night by heading to Dick's on Capitol Hill as all self-respecting queer women love Dick's after a night out on the town. We sat in my car munching burgers and fries talking about "luck" and reveling in the moment of "feeling" lucky and what we bring to our lives.

It was a good night and I wish you had all been there to share it with us!

Kindness to you...

0 comments:

Label Cloud