Pages

*** RESOURCES -- New Information is added often ***

Friday, December 11, 2009

Helpful Techy Hints

click to expand Is there a way to make the font larger on the screen?  The dryer must have shrunk my computer font size ;~).



Yes, follow these simple directions to make all the Font appear larger in incremental measures. 
Hold the ctrl button and the + (plus) down and the screen will get larger each time you tap the + button. Use the ctrl button and tap - (dash), and the screen will return to the regular size in increments backwards.  Hold the ctrl button and the 0 (zero) down and the screen will return to normal.

This works beautifully in other programs also.  So use it when surfing the net or creating documents.  No need to strain those beautiful bedroom eyes!


click to expand The blog seemed to load slow the other day and one of the columns slipped underneath the middle column.  Could my browser Internet Explorer be the issue?


Yes, that could be the issue as  Internet Explorer has been found to be less compatible with Blogspot.  I understand that Blogger may load and work better using Mozilla Firefox browser rather than IE (Internet Explorer) which has also been my experience. I composed SA in Firefox due to major problems with IE and for the first time since *Al Gore* created the internet I changed my browser. Who said old dogs could not learn new tricks?

It does not hurt to have another browser to utilize and you may find you like it better for some things (as I have).  I did test this with a couple of Seattle Announcement members who initially had problems viewing the blog with IE and Mozilla Firefox worked like a charm with no issues.  You can always email me and I will do my best to assist you and talk through this or other questions!


click to expand Sometimes only half my page loads and it seems 'stuck', what should I do?

If you notice that only half of the page loads, use your REFRESH button immediately and RELOAD the page and the problem seems to resolve. I have 'optimized' all the pics so the pages should load as quick as grease on a hot grill.  I also have not been putting many pics or posters on lately until I am sure that it will not slow down the load for all my members taking into consideration the type of connections they have. I am looking into a long term plan to see if I need to host the pics or what is the best option so I can have as much graphics without affecting performance.


click to expand How do I use the +/- columns?


Often I hope!  You will find the +/- (expand/collaspe) labeled  on the sidebars with resources, venue locations and upcoming Auctions.  If you select a heading such as 'Bookstores' you will find a complete address, phone #, program information, times, and other appropriate information  available.   If you CLICK directly on a specific Bookstore listing, you will be taken to that Bookstore's website.  You will need to come back to Seattle Announcements since once you CLICK on the link it takes you directly to the website rather than opening a separate window.

This area will always be fresh with  new additions and interesting resources/venue information  added to compliment the calendar listings.  In the event that the business, venue or event does not have it's own website you will note that Seattle Announcements web address is used as a place holder.  On occasion there may be an empty category and I will attempt to mark them so you won't open them constantly looking for goodies.  Please visit this area often as you may be surprised at what you find at your fingertips!!


click to expand Why when I click on certain links do they bring me right back to the post I am reading?   Or when I click on a link I have to scroll to the bottom of the blog to find the post?

In order to create a link that I can copy and place elsewhere on the website I may place one within the actual post too.  I realize this may be confusing but I have not figured out another way to create the link and save it without posting it in this manner.  I often need the link to use as a reference to point to for other areas of the blog.  I am VERY open to suggestions if someone knows a better way.
For part 2 of the question, when you click on a link that is referring to a prior post, you have to look in the middle column towards the bottom to find the post you are looking for.  It seems to be the set up.

Ms T 




0 comments:

Label Cloud