Pages

*** RESOURCES -- New Information is added often ***

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Long Houses Future is up for discussion Sunday Oct 2nd, 2pm

I have observed (as you have) many organizations adapt through growing pains.  I recently received a meeting notice regarding the Long House in Renton, WA that I am including in it's entirety.  I appreciate the approach that is being taken for the meeting on October 2nd.   I wish the Long House continued success.  Ms T.

Dear friends of the Sharma Center,

I have been attending events at the Long House in Redmond for about 10 years, and have been fairly involved aspects of the leadership process of this community for the last 5. It is a place and a community I have a great deal of love and respect for. We are in a process of creating the structures that will carry our community and the facility into the future. There is a meeting coming up about this very purpose. As part of this meeting I will be presenting my ideas for basing this project on the book The Three Laws of Performance: Rewriting the Future of Your Organization and your Life by Steve Zaffron and Dave Logan. If you would like to contribute to this conversation, I invite you to be a part. I would appreciate you letting me know if you plan on coming and to contact me if you have any comments, concerns or questions.

Thank you
John East
Former Co-Director of the Sharma Center
fstop64@comcast.net
206 898 5876

 Presentation announcement:      LH2015

A conversation for the future of the Long House
Sunday October 2 - 2 pm at the Long House

What is the probable future of our community? Is it the same as what has happened in the past, or something different? Did you know that over 70% of change efforts in organizations fail. Why is this so? Could it be because, though circumstances change, the patterns of communities tend to continue.. We tend to create new circumstances, that then resemble what has happened before. However, this does not always happen......only almost all the time.

 What does it take to create something entirely new? On Sunday October 2nd, This is the conversation I invite you to be a part of. I propose we create a new future at the Long House, using the ideas laid out in the book:

The Three Laws of Performance:
Rewriting the future of your organization and your life
by Steve Zaffron and Dave Logan

In their book, Steve Zaffron and Dave Logan lay out the process involved in articulating our default future, completing past issues that stand in our way, and how to create and align on a new vision for the future that we as a community stand for. I invite you to be coauthors of an Invented Future for the Longhouse. Please let us know if you will be participating. To do so, or If you have any questions, comments of concerns you can write to fstop64@comcast.net.
You can now get this book in paperback fairly reasonably. You can also find our more info and download a study guide at www.threelawsofperformance.com.

0 comments:

Label Cloud