Pages

*** RESOURCES -- New Information is added often ***

Friday, January 1, 2010

Faux Fur and The WildRose's 25th Anniversary Recap

If anyone could get an impressionable group of young lesbians to believe that her beautiful full length dark fur coat with lighter colored fur running around the collar and down her arms was faux, it would be Lamar.  Lamar has a gift for many things including setting the tone, keeping a gathering on track and making it fun at the same time.  This is not an easy task if any of you have ever tried it in a queer crowd - we don't mind well.  Lamar ROCKED the WildRose and frankly brought a large number of folks to the venue which made it feel like old home week.

I was personally very relieved that she was in the helm tonight and also it felt 'right' that someone who has actually been around during the Rose's tenure was doing the gig.  She honored the necessary people and did not drag it out.  She also mentioned some things that must make the younger generation feel quite left out I would guess.  For example, sex in the bathrooms is sorely missing in the Rose today from what I can tell.

Have any of you tried to go into the single bathroom with anyone?  Try it...I double dutch dare you.  I do try it JUST to get attention from the staff if I have been ignored too long and need my drink refilled.  It is the #1 way to guarantee that they will come flying from behind the bar like Lindsey Wagner as the Bionic Woman (before the mattress commercials-of course) just to monitor your bathroom habits.  They even yell sometimes as they lunge at you.  It is about as exciting as the Rose gets these days for me.

In fact, I think they get paid extra for how many people they stop per shift from doubling up and they possibly have a contest going on among the employees.  Kinda like a bonus incentive program but called TIP (Toilet Incentive Program).  Tonight would have been a perfect night to sneak in to the bathroom and I did not even think about it.  Darn...I can just see the commotion it could have started to be 86th on their 25th...kinda has a ring to it.  Oh...back to reality.


I so enjoyed seeing people I am so fond of and also making what I believe will be a couple new friends.  Going back and forth from outside to inside and seeing people that I get the warm fuzzies about is what really rocks and makes the event or any event FOR me worth the effort.  Our evening started with being met by hugs and well wishes from the fabulous door charmer with the silver tongue to match.  It was a great way to begin the festivities!  We ended the night as she chased a couple young party crashers down...you go!  I do wish we could have seen her lovely counterpart before we left but did not.  Hi-you!  It was a good night.

If we hear that two baby dykes are missing I know where to look for them as they could easily fit in Lamar's fur and slip out unnoticed.  Lucky dykes - - the perfect end to an evening I would say. 



From the heart,
Ms T

0 comments:

Label Cloud