Pages

*** RESOURCES -- New Information is added often ***

Monday, October 26, 2009

What do Holly Near and Mullets have in common?

There are some names that just remind me of lesbian sing-a-longs sung slightly off tune, a nodding mullet or two and friends readying for the trek to the Michigan Music Festival.  The mere mention of Holly Near does that for me.  I admit I wasn't a "joiner" on the sing a longs, am allergic to mullets (ok-maybe scared) and never made it to Michigan but can appreciate that Holly Near's career has been around as long as I have been enjoying the...well never mind.  Holly is known for anti-Vietnam War work and support of radical lesbian feminism and past and more recent global concerns.  She also can sing and will do so this Sunday at the Triple Door.


Triple Door - Main stage Tickets
7:00pm Sunday 11.01.09 $25 advance; $28 day of show 
 

216 Union St.
Seattle, WA 98101
206-838-4305

0 comments:

Label Cloud