Pages

*** RESOURCES -- New Information is added often ***

Friday, November 19, 2010

Anna Hurwitz - Seattle Erotic Arts Festival Director moves on to next adventure

Anna Hurwitz has been so instrumental in the building of the Seattle Erotic Arts Festival as its Festival Director and has now decided to take time to persue other interests.  For those of us that have had the utmost pleasure of attending this incredible event, volunteering or presenting art AND moreso watching it grow over the years...thank you Anna for your years of service to our community.  The Festival has grown to be an outstanding event that our community can be proud of!  We wish you well Anna in your next endeavors!  Ms T.

Greetings

As some of you may have heard, I have stepped down as director of the Festival.

Later today you’ll receive a newsletter with more information about the 2011 Festival, including a welcome from the new Festival Director, Clayton Hibbert.

Nine years ago, when I was asked to be a juror for the first year of the Festival, I had no idea how life altering my involvement would become. I’ve met the most amazing artists; had the pleasure of working with hundreds of fabulous volunteers; enjoyed discussing art with our jurors, presenters and guests; learned much from my advisors; and gathered a village of beloved friends.

But best of all, is the time I got to spend working with members of the Festival Planning Committee, both past and current. This is my heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you for your dedication to the Festival, especially to Claire who from the very beginning made the art look fabulous (and was the person who invited me to be on the jury), to Stuart who quietly took on herculean task of logistics and finally to Clayton, who in his new role as director will continue to work tirelessly to make the Festival an extraordinary success.

I’ll still be around, and hope to be finally able to participate as an artist. For now, I’m enjoying some time off and am finally getting to unpack and reorganize the 15 boxes of Festival paraphernalia that have been gathering dust in my basement.

Please feel free to stay in touch with me at seafanna@gmail.com.

Best,

Anna Hurwitz
Festival Director (2002-2010)


0 comments:

Label Cloud