Pages

*** RESOURCES -- New Information is added often ***

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What about an Unemployed Discount? Think outside the box people!

I do appreciate what some businesses are doing to assist the economy by offering discounts for students and seniors.  I believe these discounts should stay in place and what I have to say has nothing to do with knocking students as I too have been one twice and am still paying off hefty loans and I am closer to a senior discount than being a student again. 


What I wish is that the folks making the decisions would take into account the full picture of the unemployed at home right now.  If you want people at your events and perhaps even build yourself some long time customers, offer an 'unemployed discount'.  People that are unemployed have more social time on their hands, are often looking for things to do but cannot afford to pay the full price of events.  I believe they will remember you when they become employed again.  If they have not been coming to your events before you may have just found yourself a new loyal customer.  It IS a Win Win.


In the general Seattle area the unemployment rate has been hovering around 10% and many of these jobs I bet brought people to your events before.  Get those people back to your events too.  It seems a bit lame to me to just keep doing the same old student and senior discounts.


Someone has to be first to do it!  Come on...I can't wait to post who it is!


As a last note, the 'how' is not hard.  Depending on the event they could show their unemployment stub, resume or any number of other things that could be thought of to ensure that the business doesn't feel they are getting ripped off for the discount they are offering for event entry.

0 comments:

Label Cloud